Photo image of scanned scrapbook page 482. First City Directory (1856) Cont; Lehman Bros; Front Street; Frank Welty; Lafayette House; Giles Gilbert Jr; Massie Block; John Tillow; H.R. Charlesworth; Wm. Miller; Tracy and Davis; The Washington Works; Henry Davis; Steam Shop and Foundry; C.A.M. Damarin & Co; Neill and Eberhardt; D.D. Rhodes & Co; Brown, Reed, & Co; Ebenezer Williams; The People's Foundry; City Clothing Store; B. Dreyfuss; James Grimes; Wm. Miller; M.V. Cropper; E. Miller; Levi and Mayer; Ben Franklin; R. Spry; Leonard Schwable; Henry Maule's Old Stand; Portsmouth Mfg. Co; Murray & Stevenson; M. & S. Timmonds; W.S. Brown & Son
Photo image of scanned scrapbook page 481. First City Directory (1856); S.P. Drake; Republican Office; A.C. Post; Ward, Waller & Cone; J.F. Towell; Henry Dinsmore & Co; Mineral Water Manufacturers; John Behrens; Bell & Co; R. Bell; N. White; J.T. Vincent; W.H. Are; Gunn and McColm; Erasmus Gates; S.P. Nickels; J.H. Bentley; C.C. Hyatt; S.H. Holmes; C.P. Changle & Co; John M. Herder; J.B. Nichols; S.D. Bishop; James Salsbury & Son; Charles Kehrer; D.N. Murray
Photo image scanned from scrapbook. Pictured is a typed page with a brief history of the first Decoration Day celebration. Bottom: picture of Captain Washington Williamson.
Scanned unnumbered page from Henry A. Lorberg scrapbook containing black & white images of First Degree Team; Father McDowell; Jesse Young; J. W. Fulton; Martin Molster; J.P. Purdum.
Scanned page 51 from Henry A. Lorberg scrapbook containing black & white images of the first electric cars in the city (1893) and John Abbot's Zoo at 10th (Tenth) and Offnere (Colonel John Abbott had a collection of Belgian hares, opossums, doves, pigeons and other animals).
Colored image of the church building at 701 Fifth (5th) Street. This building was dedicated in 1887 as the German Evangelical Church. In 1918 German language was dropped and the name changed to the First Evangelical Church. Since 1956 the congregation has been known as the Evangelical United Church of Christ.
colored image of church building at 701 Fifth (5th) Street showing the 1915 educational wing addition. This building was dedicated in 1887 as the German Evangelical Church. The church banned the German language in 1918 and became the First Evangelical Church. In 1963 the education unit was replaced with a more modern wing which houses a child daycare. The group has been known as the Evangelical United Church of Christ since 1956.
Black and white photo image of the church building at 701 Fifth (5th) Street, showing the 1915 additional educational wing extending on the right. This building was dedicated in 1887 as the German Evangelical Church. The church banned German language in 1918 and became the First Evangelical Church. In 1963 the education unit was replaced with a more modern wing which houses a child daycare. The group has been known as the Evangelical United Church of Christ since 1956.